Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Berry Sweet

TSOLStandUpStraw-wm

Hi everyone,

Being the beginning of the month it is time for the July Club Stamp set to be released from The Stamps of Life. This time round the stamp set being released is called strawberries2stamp. If you are a member of the “Die Hard” club you will also receive the coordinating die set, otherwise you have to wait until the 20th of the month to order this set.

TSOLStandUpStraw2-wm

For my first card to share with you today I have created a Stand-ups card using the Sizzix Circle Stand-Ups Bigz die.

TSOLStandUpStraw3-wm

I added two of the sentiments from the set onto my card, the lower one you can see when the card is displayed in the “stand-up’ position and the other when you open the card. I have also added a couple of “strawberry flowers”, the flowers were created using the tiny flower from the Sizzix Circle & Tags Framelits set, the leaves are included in the Strawberry die set.

TSOLStandUpStraw4-wm

Here is my stand-ups card in the closed position ready to be placed in an envelope.

TSOLOrnateBerryHB-wm

For my second card today I created a flip-its card using the Sizzix Ornate Flip-its Bigz die and the Sizzix Ornate #5 Labels Framelits. I have again used the Sizzix Circle & Tags Framelits set to create the tiny “strawberry flowers”.

TSOLOrnateBerryHB2-wm

Here is the ‘flip side’ of my card. I added the birthday sentiment which is included in the strawberries2stamp stamp set.

TSOLBowlStraw-wm

For my final card today I created a bowl of strawberries. To create the bowl I used the largest die from the Sizzix Decorative Labels Framelits Set. I cut off the points on either side of the label and then trimmed the top part of the label to a curved shape (you could use a plate to give you the curve shape). Finally I embossed the “bowl” the Sizzix XO Embossing Folder.

To create the strawberries I used the larger of the two strawberry dies and die cut the strawberries from designer paper and the green stem from green card.

For the sentiment on either side of my card. I cut one of the sentiments apart and used one of the fishtail banners from TSOL Sampler Die Set.

Don’t forget to check out the strawberries2stamp Gallery to see lots more ideas using this stamp set from the other Design Team members.

Stamps: strawberries2stamp – The Stamps of Life
Paper: White; Cream; Red; Green; Brown; Pink Stripe DP – Bella; Strawberry DP – Basic Grey; Red Dot DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Black Ink; Red; Ink; White Ink; Brown Ink; TSOL Strawberry Dies; TSOL Sampler Dies; Sizzix Circle Stand-Ups Bigz Die; Sizzix Ornate Flip Its Bigz Die; Sizzix Ornate #5 Labels Framelits; Sizzix Circle & Tags Framelits; Sizzix Decorate Labels Framelits; Sizzix XO Embossing Folder; Foam Tape

#aa-owl-signature

2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

These cards are so cute - I love that you have that matching strawberry patterned paper. The new berries and dies are going to be so much fun!
Cheers
Karen A

Joanne (jojot) said...

more deelllllllishiousness