Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Karen Burniston August Designer Challenge Card 2

KBDCOwlSUwm

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday I am back today with another card for this month’s Karen Burniston’s Designer Challenge. This time round the theme Karen has given us is Hoppy, Poppy & Chilly - any theme, any style, any type of project (pop-up, or flat, or 3D or party favor or layout or ...?) using the character/animal dies.

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

KBDCOwlSU2wm

For my card today I have created a Stand Up Card using the tutorial written by Karen Aicken for the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog recently.

As you can see I have used Poppy the Owl diecutting the overlay layer from designer paper. I also used the All Seasons Tree which I have turned on it's side to turn it into a branch for Poppy to sit on. The leaves on the branch were created using the Curvy Leaves die.

The Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper die was used to create the stand up part of the card. I die cut this on the card base and then also in rust so that I could overlay it over the brown base.



KBDCOwlSU4wm

On the inside of my card I added a couple of sentiments. The "Hoot Hoot Hoo-ray!" was stamped onto one of the labels from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set.

The "You're a Hoot!" sentiment is stamped onto the speech bubble from the Lorna Label Pop-Up die set.

KBDCOwlSU3wm

Here is my card closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back later today with another card to share with you for this challenge.

Stamps: Owl Be There - Justrite Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Brown; Rust; Green; Tiny Woods DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Poppy the Owl; All Seasons Tree; Lorna Label Pop Up; Katie Label Pivot - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper; Curvy Leaves - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape



3 comments:

fran said...

So cute and clever! You're amazing!

Connie L. Riley said...

Hello Frances. I enjoyed both of the cards you did for Karen's latest challenge. My favorite is the one with the pivot trees. I really liked the color combinations you used and the penguins were so darling. Thanks for sharing and giving the details on how you put the card together.

Joanne (jojot) said...

over the top fabulous....one of my favs ever