Thursday, December 25, 2014

Santa’s Favorite

SantaChimney1wm

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!!!!

It’s Christmas Day already down here in Australia. I must have been a good girl again this year cause I did very well *smile*

There are many of you who visit my blog regularly, so I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all so much for your support throughout the year. Hope you all have a wonderful and safe Christmas!

SantaChimneywm

Back in April fellow Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Design Team member, Caz Counsell posted a card on her blog which she called a “Box in a Card” which was inspired by the Pop Up Box Card. You can see Caz’ post here.

As soon as I saw the card I thought of this card, but it has taken me all this time to finally get around to making the card that was in the head.

To create the card I used the Katie Label Pivot Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs I die cut the die closer to the bottom of the card, I have used the centre portion of the Katie Label Pivot to help support the chimney and then I bent back the other half of the pivot on each side so that it was level with the card. Most of this I have covered with the snowy roof .... but if you look closely at the card you can see a tiny bit of the pivot on each side.

For the chimney I used a brick stencil and sponged the ink all over the card. I used MFT Stamps Jingle All The Way stamp set to decorate my card.

SantaChimney2wm
Here is the front of my card, I used MFT Die-namics Merry along the bottom of my card, which I covered in glitter. Added the Christmas from the ECD Merry Christmas die and then added more snowflakes. I added the stamped images to stand on the Merry on my card.

Stamps: Jingle All The Way - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Blue
Dies: ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mmDies: Katie Label Pivot Card; Merry Christmas (944); Spiral Circle Pull Card; Spiral Circle Pull Card – designed by Karen Buniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax; MFT Die-namics Icicles
Other: ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm; Brick Stencil - MFT Stamps; Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots; Red/Gold Glitter Dots; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

No comments: