Saturday, January 3, 2015

CAS

C4C267PenguinKisses1wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week being a brand new month we need to introduce a new challenge hostess which is Peggy.

This time round Peggy tells us … Every year we have the opportunity to start with a clean slate. I don’t know about you but I like to keep things in my life simple. So let’s make today’s challenge “Clean and Simple”.

C4C267PenguinKisseswm

Well as you can see by the front of my card I started off being clean and simple … I had fun playing with some new Penguin stamps I ordered last year from Whimsy Stamps …  but they had soo many penguins and I wanted to use them all that I had to turn this card into a pop up!

The snow on the front was created using Karen Burniston’s Outdoor Edges die set.

C4C267PenguinKisses2wm

As pop us go … I think this one is fairly clean and simple … if it was a different challenge theme I would have probably added the stamped sentiment on the base using layers .. but I resisted! This was very simple to make as all the penguins and head gear had dies to match so it was fairly quick to die cut and then stamp each of the characters and add them to my card.

For the pop up I used the Happy Birthday Pop Up Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

C4C267PenguinKisses3wm

Here is a side view of the inside of my card so you can see the pop up parts of the card a little easier.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Penguin Fun – Whimsy Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Stars DP – Carta Bella
Dies: Happy Birthday Pop Up Card; Outdoor Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Penguin Fun Die Set – Whimsy Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Orange Ink; Purple Ink; Green Ink; Blue Ink; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Adorable card, Frances! Love the pop up and cute penguins.

Sue Ann F. said...

What an adorable card. I love how you have accessorized the Penguin. So cute.

JoAnn said...

This is so adorable. Love the colors and all those cute penguins.

Joanne (jojot) said...

those penguins are the cutest....great little scene

Karen Aicken said...

AACK - those penguins are ADORABLE! Fun card all the way around.