Friday, April 29, 2016

Owl Tool Holder


Hi everyone,

Over the last few weeks my wonderful husband has been busy renovating my stamping area, I now have a brand new desk and cupboards etc, which I will share with you in a few weeks when it is completely finished.

Anyway since I had a new desk I figured I needed something a little better to hold some of the tools that I use often. While visiting IKEA recently, I found this white pot in the garden area which I thought would be ideal once I had added a few repositionable stickers to it.

I created my repositionable stickers using Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel Off Stickers; Transfer Tape; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and Silk Microfine Glitter. You can see a video tutorial Els created this technique here.


Here is how I created my repositionable stickers:

1. Cut a piece of Double Sided Adhesive sheet the same size as the transfer sheet. Remove the release sheet from one side of the adhesive and set aside upside down on your desk (shiny side up). Adhere your Double Sided Adhesive sheet to the front of the transfer sheet (the clear side).

2. Remove 4 Owls and 4 small hearts from the Lots of OwlsPeel-Off Stickers. Place these sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.

3. Take your adhesive transfer sheet and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the transfer sheet.

4. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger.  Color your images as desired. Cut out all of the Owls and hearts, remove the release sheet from the back of the transfer sheet and place the owls & hearts on the item you wish to decorate, in  my case the white pot.


Here are a few more photos of my owl tool holder I created. This will be the front of the tool holder. I decided to color my hearts blue as that is my favorite color.



I could have just created the one image and put it on the front, but I thought it would be fun to add a few more owls (you can never have too many owls!!!!) so that which ever angle I place the tool holder I am likely to see at least one owl.


Another view of my tool holder this time the back.


And  one last photo. The fun thing about this type of project is that the stickers are now respositionable so if at anytime I want to change the images or move what I have used on this project somewhere else I can do.


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.

Supplies:

Elizabeth Craft Designs:

Other:
Copics
White Pot




3 comments:

jojot said...

I wish I had a carpenter handy to fix my cave....lucky girl

Very cool and practical project

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love visiting your post...wonderful and creative and nice of your hubby to help with your room

Karen Aicken said...

Oh wow - that is so exciting that you are getting a revamped craft room. Love your little tool holder - those owls are perfect.